Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Television

Television programming has evolved into something very different in just the last few years. The info age is full speed ahead. It seems if a show isn't about celeb news or a topic like cooking or baking, then it's a reality show. The problem I have with reality shows is that they sometimes are anything but reality. I'm talking about shows like Big Brother and Survival and like shows. There is obviously a large following for this type of show and that's fine if that's what you like for entertainment. Personally and in my opinion, these shows do nothing for me.



Other reality shows like Man vs Wild and Survival with Les Stroud and Gold Rush Alaska are just a few of what I call real, reality shows and they are entertaining and educational. The problem I have with these shows is that the network thinks you want to see repeats over and over and a shows season doesn't contain enough episodes to fill it. As a result, more often than not when I tune in, it's another episode I've seen and look elsewhere.  If you are a fan of the show then it's kind of an insult to your intelligence, like I got it the first time, I don't need to see it three times.When I tune in to watch TV, I want fresh content.
I don't need to see the same commercial back to back for the same reason.
Sometimes TV advertisers don't get it either just like TV producers.


Comedy sitcoms seem to have taken a downward spiral and offer little new content or fresh new shows. I think at this point we need all the laughs we can get as often as we can get them. Old reruns reign supreme on TV and that's fine if you're caught in a time warp and only like what is familiar. How many reruns of Jerry Seinfeld can you watch before your brain starts to look like cold toast ? Yes it was a good show in it's time but for Christs sake, lets move on and get some new shows out there to test the waters.


Infomercials seem to be a way of life for some stations but who watches this crap ? Okay never mind, I know who it is. These network producers and programmers should remember that they are here because of us, and we are not here because of them. Hey, that's profound ! Perhaps they should learn that a target audience is limiting themselves.


I don't even like to watch TV that much but I have been off work for awhile with an injury and this has increased my viewing time of TV more than I care to admit. Yes I know I could get a satellite dish and have many more viewing choices but it would also bring the same problems I have with viewing now, only times X 500.

 People turn the TV on for a variety of reasons but to be entertained should be the main one and entertainment by TV these days is a thin veneer lacking any substance beneath. So how about it guys ?
Let's get some of all this fresh new writing talent that is so readily available today and tap into it. The same old isn't fun anymore. Just saying !


Do Have A Good Day And Don't Lose That Remote.
There May Still Be Hope !
                       
                                                     JR  



















No comments:

Post a Comment

NOW MY SOUL

  NOW MY SOUL   WRITTEN BY   JEFF R HILTON   2024   LESS THAN PERFECT THAT'S OKAY NOBODY IS ANYWAY WOULDN'T THAT BE BORING ALL THE S...