Monday, January 23, 2012

Old Memories On Film






It seems like a lifetime ago that we used to take black and white pictures with old Brownie camera's or later the Polaroid or any of the other cameras of those times.  The onset of colored film back then was an exciting development.  We'd marvel at the pictures we took.  Picking up a pack or two of pictures at your local photo processor was always both exciting and nerve wracking at the same time,  you wondered how many of the fabulous shots you took would actually turn out, and although you hoped that they all would,  there was often 2 or 3 over exposures or even the whole film sometimes, which was really a bummer.


First Mass Produced Color Film





Kodak did a lot to boost the photographic industry and was a leader in the market for many years.  Hopefully their latest struggle to survive in today's fast paced market doesn't spell the end for the company.


Brownie



My 1st 35mm Camera





There are always lots of old photos kicking around and the history contained in them is a precious record to be cherished and preserved.  For myself,  I have moved so many times that very few of the photographic records I tried to keep survive and are long lost.  This saddens me as I've been fond of photography for as long as I can remember and had a large portfolio of pictures,  and worse yet,  I've even lost almost all the photos that I managed to salvage from my parents albums and almost all of my own.


The following pictures are all I have left of my own old photos and a few I acquired from other family members.






The Author With A 49 Ford In The Background
    
Me posing with my Fathers old Dodge








Me As A Cowboy




My Parents Beatrice Joy Hilton nee Schutz and Robert James Hilton






My Grandfather Hewart Schutz



My Adoptive Grandfather Olaf Fredin



My Grandmother Ruby Nee 'Skellett' Fredin





Step Grandmother Vera Hilton and Grandfather William Hilton, Middle


If you have any old photos that you haven't scanned and put on disk yet,  it's a great idea and an extra bit of security against losing your own pictures.


When I was younger,  it was always my dream to become a freelance photo journalist  and even work for National Geographic magazine.  Things change though and so do plans and dreams.  The onset of Digital camera's has spelled the end days for camera's that eat a steady diet of film.  Who knows what's next as technology races forward at a breakneck speed.  One things for sure though,  I'm going to run out of those little plastic film containers soon.

Do Have A Good Day And Smile For The Camera.

                             Jeffrey R Hilton








1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you will see this as this post is from quite awhile ago. I was searching various ancestry pages along with my great grandparents names and your blog came up. I linked to it and found that you have pictures of Olaf and Ruby Fredin, these are my great-grandparents. You mentioned Olaf as your "adoptive grandfather" and Ruby as your grandmother. I would love to know if I found another relative or something.

    Thanks (and hopefully you receive notification about this message)
    Lisa (London, Ontario)

    ReplyDelete

NOW MY SOUL

  NOW MY SOUL   WRITTEN BY   JEFF R HILTON   2024   LESS THAN PERFECT THAT'S OKAY NOBODY IS ANYWAY WOULDN'T THAT BE BORING ALL THE S...