Saturday, August 24, 2024

Times


  Times

Written by 

Jeff Hilton 

2024


Time is always 

Coming up

On the short side 

Never mind 

Just in time 

How do you ever 

Find the time 


I've often heard 

Its not always kind 

There's never enough 

Do do all the things 

I want to do 

Everytime I get started 

I run out of time

Living on what's borrowed 

Not even mine 


You wake up one day 

You're ten years behind 

Reflecting back 

I guess I was lucky

Time was ever kind 

Nobody ever had  my back 

It was only me

Time was rarely

Ever free


A fracture

A warp in time 

The missing pieces 

All in a line 

Everything in time 

Time dragged on

The future unclear 

Like the weather 

Life can be unsure 

.




GOING HOME

  GOING HOME   WRITTEN BY   JEFF R HILTON   2024   WIDE OPEN SPACES DARK AND DREARY PLACES BEHIND US WE STAYED TOO LONG SOMEWHERE WE NEVER S...