Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WAYCATION WISHES




Waycation Wishes

Written by : Jeffrey R Hilton


In the words of Kim Mitchell and Pye Dubois

"A Million Vacations Is What We Need To Survive."

 If only that could be true !  These days,  there's an awful lot of people that can't take much of a vacation for various reasons,  not limited to being jobless,  house-poor,  or more so likely to be a victim of the present unstable economic climate.   An increasing number of people are spending their time off work just kicking around the house and working on projects around the house.

Cost of living pay raises,  are sadly becoming a thing of the past or just continuing to be a pittance of what the true inflation index figures  subject us to.  Most Unions seem like they've been neutered these days and fighting for a cost of living raise on your behalf is akin to bringing a glass of water to a forest fire.  I admit,  I spend time dreaming about long white,  luxurious sandy deserted beaches where warm clear water beckons,  but somehow,  I can't see myself getting to one anytime soon and I don't even presently own a house. Worse yet,  I 
have a debilitating hand injury,  that's left my future working career as I know it,  in jeopardy.

Vacations to many people are digging up and tending the garden,  building a new fence or even just lying around the back yard catching the sun while reading a good book.  vacations are an important component to our well being and if you really can't go far,  then at least make sure you can relax and take your mind off your job for that time.  That way,  when you go back to work,  you'll be raring to go !  Back on vacation that is !

Summer vacation is almost upon us and winter vacations are not much of a worry now as most of the world from Europe to North America is thawing out and showing signs of spring.  Vacations that require air travel are such a complete pain now,  they are akin to doing your taxes.
You need another bloody vacation after you've been subjected to airport security.  There's a lot to be said for travelling by car.  it's certainly less stressful,  and particularly when the driving is shared.


Of course, I'm not going to get to see the places I'd like to see if I don't believe I will,  no more than you will if your situation is similar,  so I will believe fully that I will,  positive thinking and all that.  I would like to see a lot more of the world than I have already,  and I shall remain determined to do so.


***

SHARE
JOIN
COMMENT
SUBSCRIBE


Do Have A Good Day And A Good Holiday.

Jeffrey R Hilton









































No comments:

Post a Comment

NOW MY SOUL

  NOW MY SOUL   WRITTEN BY   JEFF R HILTON   2024   LESS THAN PERFECT THAT'S OKAY NOBODY IS ANYWAY WOULDN'T THAT BE BORING ALL THE S...